Intensive driving course
Intensive and semi-intensive driving courses are a quick way to pass the driving test
Booking an intensive driving course
Find an Approved Driving School
Only the larger driving schools will offer residential courses.
What is an intensive driving course?
The intensive driving course takes place over a week requiring you learn a lot of information very quickly.
- Intensive one week learning to drive courses are residential based.
- Includes up to 6 hours of lessons a day.
- The theory test you must have already passed.
- The practical driving test comes directly at the end of the course.
Intensive driving course! Is it right for you?
The Plus of taking an intensive driving course you could get your full licence quicker than with weekly driving lessons.
- You won’t get the experience of varied driving conditions and night driving that you could with a longer learning time.
- The less time the driving course is taken over, the more intense and stressful your “learning curve” will be. Are you able to cope with the pressure?
Semi-intensive driving lessons
A semi-intensive course gives you more time and is less intensive than the one week option:
- Courses are between two and ten weeks.
- About 30 hours of driving lessons.
- You need to have already passed the theory test.
Semi-Intensive Driving lessons might suit you better!
If you need to learn to drive in a hurry, taking more time with a semi-intensive course could a more relaxing option.
Learning to drive over a few weeks is less stressful, and you will gain the experience of driving in varying road conditions.
- Book the driving test as soon as you pass the theory because the practical test can take up to six weeks waiting time.
- While waiting for the driving test. Book the semi-intensive course and discuss with the driving instructor a time span to suit your needs.