Compare Learner Insurance Quotes from 110 + Providers
Driving practice improves your chance of passing the driving test
Ninety per cent of young drivers who pass their test the first time has driven in a family or friend’s car in addition to driving lessons.
How car insurance works through Autedia
Who can supervise you while learning to drive?
In the UK, learner insurance with a 21-year-old supervisor is legal; however, most insurance companies do not offer learner driver insurance if the supervising driver is under 25.
The supervising driver must meet the requirements of the insurance policy.
- Have held a valid GB – NI or EU driving license for at least three years for the type of vehicle they are supervising– manual or automatic.
- Be a qualified driver and have sufficient experience.
What cars can you drive with provisional Insurance?
With most provisional driver Insurance policies, the car:
- Must have primary Insurance in the owner’s name.
- Be limited to a value of, usually £30,000 and Insurance Group 32.
- Be no more than nine years old.
Get quotes from the UK's leading learner driver insurers
Make sure you have all the information below to hand before you search for a quote. Be completely honest with your answers.
Some insurers are more guilty of judging young drivers and charging you a premium.
At Young Car Driver, you get quotes from over 110 insurers so that you can get a great price on car insurance. While we can’t change the fact that young drivers have to pay more, we can at least make sure you get a great deal!
What are the benefits of learner driver insurance?
These are the key advantages of taking out learner driver insurance coverage:
- Provisional insurance cover is usually available for 30, 60 or 90 days and is renewable until you pass.
- It allows you to start building your NCB before passing your driving test.
- The learner driver insurance is Fully Comp, so the Policy will cover any claim if you are in an accident, your fault or not.
- Most of these provisional driver policies require anyone supervising you to be 25 plus and has owned a Full UK license for at least three years.
- Most learner drivers impose restrictions such as a driving time of 6 am to 10 pm, which reduces the cost.
A typical twelve-week policy should cost between £2 and £3 per day (£60 and £90 a month).
We Compare Learner Insurance Quotes from leading Insurance Providers
Perhaps the cheapest way to insure a learner driver for practice outside driving lessons is using a comparison website.
We compare learner/provisional insurance quotes from the leading learner driver insurers, including Hastings Learner Insurance, RAC Learner Insurance, Hastings Direct Learner Insurance, and Endsleigh.
Car Insurance Guide for Young Drivers
Do you need something different from standard car insurance?
You could save up to £490*
*51% of consumers could save £490.26 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from June 2023 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.