You can book driving theory test online if you have a provisional licence. All you require is here!
Book driving theory test online
Book your driving theory test online
You will require:
- Your provisional driving licence number.
- An email address to receive your booking information.
- A debit or credit card to pay the £23 test fee.
- The theory test centre where you want to take the test.
Choose a driving theory test centre
Before you book the theory test, you’ll need to find the driving theory test centre where you want to take the test.
Book by phone your theory driving test
If you are having difficulty booking the driving theory test online or have any special requirements for the theory driving test, DVSA Booking Support on 0300 200 1122 will take your booking over the phone.
Unofficial websites offering a theory driving test
Drivers should only use the official GOV.UK website to book driving theory test and be aware of misleading websites selling the driving theory test online. The DVSA do not affiliate with these sites, and you will be charged extra, as much as three times more.
When can you book driving theory test?
You can book driving theory test as soon as you receive your provisional driving licence.
How much is a theory test
How to change theory test date
You can change theory test date to an earlier or later day to suit your learning to drive requirements.
(3 Working days’ notice is needed, or you’ll have to pay again).
How to cancel your driving theory test
If you want to cancel your theory driving test, You’ll get a full refund if you give at least three working days notice of cancellation.
Northern Ireland theory driving test
There is a separate service for residents of Northern Ireland to book theory test.
EU & EEA and other foreign nationals booking a GB driving theory test
If you have a UK provisional driving licence, you can book a theory test here.
Special needs and taking the driving theory test
When booking your driving theory test, you can call the DVSA Booking Support on 0300 200 1122 if you have any special requirements. They will take your booking over the phone and advise of special needs assistance to help you during the theory test.
- A voice-over in English or Welsh through headphones allows you to hear the questions and possible answers as much as you like.
- You can also request additional time for the multiple-choice part of the theory test.
- Proof of your reading difficulty will be required such as a letter from an educational or medical professional.
- You can take the theory test in British Sign Language (BSL) if you are death or have hearing difficulties.
- A BSL Interpreter will be provided at no additional cost.
Other special needs
- Contact DVSA Booking Support on 0300 200 1122 to discuss any other special needs before booking your theory test.
DVSA – contact details for theory test inquiries
Telephone: 0300 200 1122 (English)
Telephone: 0300 200 1133 (Welsh)
Textphone: 0300 200 1166
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
DVSA theory test enquiries
PO BOX 381