Of course. There’s loads of things you can do to increase your fuel economy. Drive efficiently..
- Don’t keep the engine running unnecessary. Don’t start the engine until you’re ready to go. If you are queuing in heavy traffic or just waiting, turn the engine off and this will save using fuel.
- Drive at an appropriate speed. The faster you drive, the more fuel you use. Keep to the speed limits and it really does reduce your fuel costs.
- Easy acceleration. Acceleration should be smooth and gentle.
- Change up in gear, and don’t labour. Change up gear correctly when accelerating, and don’t labour in the wrong gear. It uses more fuel.
- Slow down in good time. This will not only conserve fuel but prolong the life of your tyres and brakes.
(Statistics shows that driving at 50 miles per hour instead of 70 miles per hour can improve fuel economy by 25%).